Being the world’s greatest road trip and hugging a massive 300 kilometres of coastline, travelling to the Great Ocean Road offers one of the most scenic coastal drives in the world.
Being the world’s greatest road trip and hugging a massive 300 kilometres of coastline, travelling to the Great Ocean Road offers one of the most scenic coastal drives in the world. It is not just the fantastic drive, the winding cliff-top roads make this drive the most memorable drive ever. It covers Victoria’s dramatic coastline from Torquay to Portland, offering a great visual treat.
Tempted to get this off your bucket list, but thinking of getting a cheap car rental first? Well, to let the tourists, travellers and explorers experience the diverse fun of a road trip, Cheap Car Rentals provides a range of current model cars, late model cars and commercial cars. We let you make the choice before you start for the Great Ocean Road. We are located at Melbourne CBD, Melbourne Airport, Carnegie, Keilor and Ormond.
FROM WHERE TO START: Most of the visitors start from Melbourne, which is 95 kilometres away from Torquay.
THINGS TO DO ON THE WAY: This stretch is a hub for adventure junkies who want to indulge in outdoor activities like scuba diving, surfing, sea kayaking and much more. It is also a great spot for visitors who cherish arts, heritage, cultural attractions, fine dining, local produce and winemakers.
COASTAL TOWNS TO VISIT WHILE DRIVING EAST TO WEST FROM TORQUAY:
- Torquay (0 km) – Surf Central for The Great Ocean Road.
- Anglesea (18 km) – Popular family beach.
- Aireys Inlet (28 km) – Small town with great beaches.
- Lorne (47 km) – Has one of the largest and most popular resorts.
- Apollo Bay (90 km) – Entry point for most celebrated short and multi-day walks.
- Port Campbell (188 km) – World famous for its extraordinary wave-sculpted rock formations and the Twelve Apostle.
- Warrnambool (253 km) – The largest cosmopolitan town in the region.
- Port Fairy (283 km) – Beautiful bluestone town with ranked number 34 golf course.
- Portland (356 km) – Deepwater bulk port, with great European influence.
With Cheaper Car Rentals, you can book online and all our online prices are all you pay for your car rental.
Whether you are on an ocean adventure, road trip of a lifetime or a forest escape – The Great Ocean Road is an experience you will want to explore time and again.