Melbourne has the fame of being the most liveable city in the world. There is no time or season when the residents and visitors can run out of places to explore. There is always a little something for everyone each year. When the world is looking for skiing options and indoor activities during winters, Melbourne opens out as a culturally rich platform. With street art, rooftop bars, markets, festivals, events, exhibitions, live music, authentic eateries, mountains, vineyards, and much more – Melbourne has it all!
Winter in Melbourne is a force to be reckoned with and many people are apprehensive of the impending colder temperatures. On the contrary, there is plenty to do in and around the city, for you and your family.
Here, Cheaper Car Rentals brings to you the best of winter attractions which can be explored around Melbourne with family!
1. Yarra Valley : There is a lot to explore in Yarra Valley during the winters. Here, you can explore the big outdoors or linger in the villages. From estates to sanctuaries to premium wineries, Yarra Valley is a one-stop-destination for many explorations.
2. Hitting the winter slopes : Winter is the best time for skiing in Australia. With easily accessible fields like Falls Creek, Mount Buller, Mount Buffalo and Mount Baw – the skiing experiences in the Alpine region offer the best scenic views in the world.
3. Melbourne International Film Festival : Being one of oldest film festivals in the world, MIFF showcases the most current entries from cinema with retrospectives, tributes, and discussion programs. The website is regularly updated and can be visited for latest updates and screenings.
4. Melbourne Winter Masterpieces : Sourced from the most prestigious galleries around the world, the masterpieces are showcased over 100 days between June and October. For the glimpse of the most creative art, we can visit the Melbourne Museum, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) and Australian Centre for Moving Image (ACMI).
5. Melbourne Aquarium : It is one of the best indoor attractions in Melbourne. Divided into 4 different aspects of aquatic life, this aquarium offers the most amazing experience away from the colder feelings of winter. It is open daily – 9:30 am to 6 pm
Apart from the very few mentioned above, Melbourne has a range of place for all – Healesville, Yan Yean Reservoir, Ferntree Gully, Grants Park, Lake Eldon, Phillips Island, CBD and Great Ocean Road are to name a few more.
Don’t let the winter get you down! There are a plethora of ways and places to explore before the temperature drops!